Mill floor Madiswil

ItemHistorical building
Implementation2018-2019
TypeConversion / Restoration
Location 4934 Madiswil
InformationSince the historic building is covered by a preservation order, it was not possible to use mineral-wool insulation on its outdoor surfaces. The owners wished to retain the original character of the building, for which reason they decided that Fixit 222 High Performance Insulating Render should be used, also because the walls were bowed and not vertical. Internal renovation was carried out with a layer thickness of 30 – 80 mm of Fixit 222 Aerogel flexible high performance insulating plaster over quarry stone walls.

Used products

Involved companies

Architect
Architekturbüro Ledermann AG, 4900 Langenthal BE
Processor
Klossner AG für Trockenbau, 3400 Burgdorf BE
Builder
Sibel und Benjamin Reimann

Further references

Old Mill, Sissach

The old mill, which was converted to a multiple family dwelling, was one of the first historically important buildings to undergo energy-efficient renovation using Fixit 222, a worldwide first. Subsequently Fixit 203 Finish Coat with hydraulic lime was applied to the façade of the protected building to faithfully reproduce the original plasterwork.

House of the curate, Bremgarten

Das spätgotische Gebäude diente vermutlich der 1460 gegründeten Bullingerpfründe als Kaplanei und wurde nach der Rekatholisierung 1531 zur Helferei. Die rund 500 Jahre alte Liegenschaft, welche mittlerweile unter Denkmalschutz steht, wurde im Laufe der Nutzungszeit immer wieder renoviert, letztmals vor 60 Jahren vollumfänglich und 1990 mit einer sanften Innen- und Aussenrenovation.

Energy efficient renovation Chesa Palmira, Bever

The Chesa Palmira was built in 1672, and the original floor plan has remained unchanged till today. The façade of this historic building was energy efficiently renovated by applying an 8 cm thick layer of Fixit 222 Aerogel High Performance Insulating Plaster. Fixit 208 was used for the final coat. Finally lime whitewash was applied to the façade and the identical sgraffito pattern from 1952 was carved into it.

Page is loading...